What welcome news! I'm sad to say that I heard more than once of parents overusing and misusing children's cold medicines. OTC cold medications are extremely taxing on the liver, and can set a child up for a life of liver related illnesses and disease. I couldn't be happier at hearing this news, but what how do you find relief for a child dealing with coughs and colds? My personal tried and true remedies are:
- To break a fever: 1-2 drops of peppermint essential oil on the spine, reapply as needed. You can also put the oil in 1 tsp of a carrier oil, such as olive oil or apricot oil if you wish. I prefer the oils from herbalogie.com or butterflyexpress.com
- To eliminate the infection: A glycerin based echinacea and goldenseal tincture. I prefer Infection Fighter from herbalogie.com
- To quell a cough and break up congestion: An herbal bronchiodilator, such as the Chill formula from herbalogie.com, or an essential oil that contains cassia applied at teh back of the tongue or in a carrier oil and applied to the chest. You can also cut up onions and garlic, stick it in the end of a leg of pantyhose and tie it around the chest.
- And of course, homemade chicken noodle soup!
- Wild Cherry bark and elderberry, as well as Homeopathics are also a great alternative for any and all of these ailments.

No comments:
Post a Comment